So, you’ve got a great project idea, and you want to learn what it will take to reach 10,000 supporters. Just what does it take to get there? We took a look at the habits of some of the most successful projects owners on LEGO CUUSOO, and here’s what we found.
While we can’t promise you results, follow these habits and you’ll be well on your way to gaining more supporters for your project.
Highly Effective LEGO CUUSOO Project Owners…
- Take the long view. Before they start, they understand that achieving 10,000 is not going to be easy and it’s going to take a lot of effort and patience.
- Make a quality project before posting. The best projects feature original work that the builder has put a lot of time into.
- Only post one or two projects at a time. Trying to do more than one or two means you can’t put the quality into your projects to make them worthy of being noticed.
- Make the effort to write a good description. The best descriptions are two to three paragraphs, using proper grammar and punctuation. They tell the story of the project and inspire people to support it, without directly asking.
- Use appropriate tags. Successful project owners know the right tags makes a project easier to find. They also only use tags that are relevant, and don’t use unrelated tags, which is considered “tag spam.”
- Tirelessly promote on relevant websites and social networks. They know that each person who sees a project can only support it once, so they keep sharing their work with other people and communities who can drive traffic to their project.
- Participate respectfully in the LEGO CUUSOO community. They’re helpful and thankful, they don’t spam others’ projects, and they’re polite and encouraging when giving constructive feedback. They make sure all of their comments follow the Guidelines and House Rules.
For inspiration, check out the most supported projects on LEGO CUUSOO. Take a look at at their photos and descriptions, and start living these seven habits.
Want to hear it directly from a successful project owner? Check out this interview with Yatkuu, the builder of the Winchester model that achieved 10,000 supporters. He gives advice to others submitting projects to LEGO CUUSOO.
Best of luck to you on your quest to 10,000 supporters!